Sunday, January 7, 2018

GIU GAL - Day 7

GIU Gal - Day 7
Hi friends! First of all I would like to thank Unity Stamp Co for giving me the opportunity to share my projects with such a great group of stamper’s. Waking up this morning I am a little sad. Today is my last day as GIU Gal of the week. This week has been so good for me. I suffer from depression and this week has given me reason to work on a project each day. It has really helped me and how I feel about myself getting the feedback from all of you. I would like to keep up with this blog for those of you who would continue to follow me! Today my first project is an 8x8 scrapbook page. My next project is a bonus and I tried to do something out of the box. A friend gave me a pile of wallpaper swatches and I challenged myself to choose one and use it in a project. My favorite was this textured one with fibers. I chose to use it as the background on a chipboard tag bookmark.  I challenge you this week to think outside the box and use an unusual item somewhere in your project and share with others! Enjoy and have a GREAT year❣️

Ingredients

Stamp Set - Eve Girl

Ink - Jet Black - Stazon, 
         Purple Hydrangea - Versa Magic

Markers - Playground - ZIG Color Brush
                  CIAO E11 - Copic (for skintone)

Paper - Genevieve - TAC (Background)
              Purple Cardstock
              Watercolor

Adhesives - ZOTS 3D Dots
                    Glue Glider Pro - Glue Arts

Ribbon - Trim it Up

Stickles - Silver

Recipe
  • Stamp Eve Girl and sentiment on white watercolor paper, trim down
  • Color Eve and blend
  • Edge both pieces with Purple Hydrangea
  • Mat with Purple Cardstock and distress edges
  • Dot snowflakes with Stickles and let dry
  • Adhere Eve and sentiment to background paper
  • Adhere snowflake border and single snowflake on with ZOTS

BONUS PROJECT
EVE GIRL BOOKMARK


Ingredients

Stamp - Eve Girl

Ink - Jet Black - Stazon
         Midnight Black - Versa Magic

Markers - CIAO Skintones E11 , E18 - Copic
                   Retro & Nursery Rhymes - Tombow

Stickles - Icicles

Adhesive - Glue Glider Pro - Glue Arts
                   3D Dots - ZOTS

Yellow Scrapbook nails
Twine
Watercolor Paper
Wallpaper Swatch for textured background


RECIPE

  • Stamp Eve Girl onto Watercolor Paper
  • Color and blend with markers
  • Pop in yellow nails
  • Dot Stickles onto snowflakes & let dry
  • Edge with Versa Magic Midnight Black Ink
  • Tie twine to the side
  • Cut Wallpaper (textured) to fit tag and adhere with Glue Glider
  • Adhere Eve to tag with Zots
  • Tie twine to hole in tag

GIVEAWAY: 

The wonderful people at Unity Stamps are giving away 25 random stamps to two lucky people who comment on my GIU posts this week. Be sure to leave a comment for each post this week (Monday through Friday) for the most chances to win! I will post the winners next week here on my blog.

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful I am going to make a card for each of my sisters and include a book marker for them to keep have been thinking about this for a while now is the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love bookmarks. They make you think of the giver every time you open the book!

      Delete
  2. Ive enjoyed your posts this week! What a productive start to the new year. Your cards are lovely. I will continue to check in and see what you’re making. I like yourvdilver snowflakes. I need to use Stickles more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This week has meant so much to me and jump started me back into stamping and scrapbooking!!! Thank you for taking the time to look and comment. Gotta love Stickles! So many colors so little time.

      Delete
  3. That wallpaper swatch on your card is just beautiful! I love purple so I really adore this card. Cute bookmark, too. Thanks for so much lovely inspiration all week. I have so enjoyed everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca. I am excited about the wallpaper and being from MN purple runs through my blood๐Ÿ’œ I am so happy you enjoyed my projects. I plan on keeping the blog so I would appreciate your input on my projects in the future.

      Delete
  4. Wow you really gave us a grande finale!! Both of these are fantastic ! Crafting is very therapeutic for me as well. Thanks for your inspiration this week Shannon ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! I thought the extra project on my last day would be fun ๐Ÿค—This week has been so good for me and I plan on keeping up the blog.your very welcome and I appreciate the opportunity to share my heart ๐Ÿ’œ

      Delete
  5. Wonderful scrapbook page and I really like the tag bookmark from wallpaper scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a crafty friend who was moving and she had a pile of wallpaper samples and some of them were beautiful. I didn’t know what but I know I would use them!

      Delete
  6. Pretty page and bookmark with Eve Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you๐Ÿ’›I love Eve girl and all the other Angie Girl and Phyllis Harris Stamps!!! You can use them for any occasion. Just got those oversized bookmarks and the Angie Girls fit perfectly!

      Delete
  7. Two lovely projects, I like the use of wallpaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I thought of all those wallpaper swatches I got excited! I knew I would use them somehow.

      Delete
  8. Love the purple--I don't see enough of it. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being from MN we have to ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œpurple! Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Lovely scrapbook page. Wonderful embellishment to your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely! Love all your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much and for participating this week. Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very lovely creations !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete

Tess Girl - KOTM January 2018 - Sentiments Versa Magic - Sahara Sand, Niagra Mist Stazon - Jet Black Prima Flowers - Pink E...