Wednesday, January 3, 2018

GIU Gal - Day 3


Today is already my 3rd day as GIU Gal!

Wow only 4 days to go. The last 2 days trying my hand at sharing my craft has been really fun. At home my time has been spent strictly on my craft space. I took over about half of the kitchen. I am trying to put everything in a compact organized space. We really downsized and I feel it! My husband brought every craft item I own... Seeing it all is overwhelming. I made a promise to myself to only buy Unity Stamps and adhesive in 2018. I hope you all get some inspiration by my projects this week!

Please remember to comment each of the 7 days to be entered into a drawing to win Unity Stamps!!!

Have a great day!
Shannon


Ingredients
Stamp-Phyllis Harris-Earth’s Lovliness
Ink-Stazon-Jet Black
       Versa Magic-Jumbo Java
Markers-Copic CIAO-Skintones E 11
                                     Perfect Primaries
Pens-GellyRoll 08
         Chalk White
Adhesives-Glue
                  Pop Squares
                  Glue Arts-Glue Glider Pro
Good Sharp Scissors
Paper Trimmer
Kraft Cards
Kraft Cardstock
White Cardstock

Recipe
Stamp Earths Lovliness and sentiment on white Cardstock with Stazon Jetblack.
Cut sand with Kraft Cardstock thinking of a small hill for her to sit on.
Cut sentiment into a shape and cut pink paper to mat that.
Color scene with markers (I had to just play around to get the water the way I wanted).
Edge sentiment, mat, and Sandhills with Versa Magic-Jumbo Java.
Fussy cut hands, bottom lace, rear, and feet to sit on hill.
Attach scene to card being careful not to glue bottom half of girl.
Adhere sand with pop squares at bottom of card under girls bottom side.
Lift hands, hair, rear and feet onto sandhill and adhere with glue.
Attach sentiment onto side of scene.
Attach ribbon to top of card with glue.


GIVEAWAY: 

The wonderful people at Unity Stamps are giving away 25 random stamps to two lucky people who comment on my GIU posts this week. Be sure to leave a comment for each post this week (Monday through Friday) for the most chances to win! I will post the winners next week here on my blog.

37 comments:

  1. A lovely card, with a lovely summer look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! On a day when they are forecasting another 10-12 inches I can only dream of summer!

      Delete
  2. Love the card was able to see it on other site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, makes me think of warm weather:) nicely done !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet card!!! Love how you coloured it , especially the water... neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the water because it never looks the same! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. Yay! I am glad you were able to get her uploaded here. I love how you layered the sand to give the card dimension. I really like how she's sitting on the beach. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing the details! I was glad too it took me all day!!! I realize now I guess I can’t add the pics from my phone, only the wording.

      Delete
  6. How gorgeous!! Love Phyllis Harris images.
    I love how you fussy cut her. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliments. I love Phyllis Harris Stamps to.She also has really good sentiments.

      Delete
  7. I love Phyllis Harris! Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ❤️Phyllis Harris. Everyday truly is a gift. Beautiful card, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tearing the cardstock for the beach effect is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful beach scene. I like the torn paper for the sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this Stamp!!! The beach is my happy place!

      Delete
  11. I like how the bottom of the girl (cut out) looks. What a great idea to make it different. So pretty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That’s one of my favorite parts. The dimension looks even better in person.

      Delete
  12. Your card is great, it looks more like a canvas than a card !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loooove the beach, but don't live close to one. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed we live right by a beautiful beach on Lake Michigan. Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful scene! I grew up near Pismo Beach, so I am partial to beach scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The girl sitting on the beach looks 3-D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you noticed! You would really like her even more in person the picture doesn’t do her justice! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  16. I love the beach effect! such a great creation.

    ReplyDelete

Tess Girl - KOTM January 2018 - Sentiments Versa Magic - Sahara Sand, Niagra Mist Stazon - Jet Black Prima Flowers - Pink E...